TIJL SMITZ ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE IFSC EUROPEAN COUNCIL
The General Assembly of the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) European Council took place in Figueira da Foz, Portugal, on 13 November 2021. IFSC Vice President and former European Council President Dr Wolfgang Wabel attended the meeting, alongside representatives of 21 IFSC Member Federations.
A new IFSC Europe Executive Board was elected during the gathering, with Climbing & Mountaineering Belgium’s (CMBEL) Tijl Smitz being voted as President.
The newly elected IFSC Europe Executive Board is as follows:
- President: Tijl Smitz (BEL)
- Vice President – Sport: Heiko Wilhelm (AUT)
- Secretary General: Zoe Spriggins (GBR)
- Treasurer: Paolo Bramante (ITA)
- Athlete Representative: Charlotte Durif (FRA)
- Member: Burgi Beste (GER)
- Member: Urs Stocker (SUI)